I've been fed up with the speed of WordPress for years but haven't had the time to learn how to properly switch to an alternative. Until I discovered Hugo!
Some of my posts are rather long and may have more links that Google really likes. So I’ve decided at last to switch to the Excerpt view instead of a full post view on the front page.
The instructions for doing this are taken from: Display Excerpts in Twenty Twelve Theme
After the recent high-profile vulnerabilities, I decided to turn on the free version of CloudFlare for this domain.
It had to happen but has taken far too long. I’ve finally upgraded my WordPress sites to 3.9. Hopefully future upgrades will happen a lot quicker
The upgrade of this blog from WordPress 3.3 to 3.4 on Dreamhost didn’t go as smoothly as planned. In fact it failed fairly spectacularly – unable to complete the required database upgrade.
However, many clouds have silver linings. In this case it meant that I brought forward my plans to ditch the horribly slow hosting provided by Dreamhost in the USA and switch over to the new VPS provided by BHost in the UK.
Sorry if you are trying to read this site just now. I’m having a few difficulties, please be patient. I will try to get things fixed as soon as possible.
This tweak will change the “All Posts” page in the administration section of a WordPress site.
It adds the ability to filter the post list based on a custom field that has been used in any of the posts at any time.
If you are a Google Reader user, you will have noticed the latest design change and probably been amazed at how poor the new layout is. What you may not have immediately noticed is just what you’ve lost.
In this article I look at what has been lost and what you might be able to do about it, at least in the short term.
Hi to everyone who has followed this blog and my other blogs (Living With Linux and my Development Blog) for a while. The Living With Linux blog is now redirected to the Linux category on this blog and the development blog redirected to the Development category.
For a long time I’ve been meaning to consolidate the blogs into a single blog and move the main blog from Blogger to WordPress.
Well this one threw me!
I was trying out the new custom post types in WordPress 3.0 RC1 and could not work out why mine wasn’t working even when I copied an example from the web and only changed a few things.
It turns out that there is a limitation in the naming of post types – they cannot have a name longer than 20 characters!
If you use more than 20 characters, the “Publish” button becomes “Submit for Review” and if you submit, you get the dreaded: